Saturday, May 30, 2009

Still 15 at heart

I am 20 now and turning 21 this September. According to a friend of mine, 20 is the age where ideally one should be running out of excuses to do anything stupid! 20 is supposedly the age where our life is at a very important crossroads from where it can head anywhere.
Funnily, according to the same people, we were at the same crossroads when we finished our "Life Changing" Boards of tenth and the "Future Deciding" entrances after our 12th. So, after all those years of slogging our asses off (Atleast,I didn't.But, all those poor souls who lived pitiful lives buried in books and were thrown around between tutions and foundation classes and school did) and those endless hours we spent at college doing "Gyaan Praapthi" we are back to the same crossroads!Fine, the counter argument maybe that the crossroads are not the same and after any journey one is bound to come across crossroads. But, somehow I feel cheated and wasted! Honestly after 3 years of engineering in of the more reputed universities of the nation I don't feel anything even close to an engineer. And trust me it is not my fault. I may not exactly be an ass slogger but I make sure I know my stuff.It is just that nothing at college managed to motivate me to pursue a full feldged career in engineering.
So this summer I decided I have had enough!Enough of running the Rat race which has no finish line! I decided I needed a break. So,I pushed all my books aside and went out there and be a kid again!
Now how do I be a kid! That is a tough thing in my locality considering that all the flats here are a haven for all the retired folk. I tried desperately to pull some of old childhood chums who hadn't grown up too much or hadn't moved out of the colony to play. But,none seemed interested. After a day of futile attempts I gave up and came back home. Then my sister took me to this group of kids (They were still doing their schooling.So I assume I can call them kids) in the adjacent colony who were playing Dumb Charades when I met them.They were more than glad to take a 6 foot half engineer into their fold. I must say I was pretty apprehensive when I joined them if I would in their group but I was surprised by kid who was still there in me. So much for me trying to be an aritculate grown up for the last two years. So cheers to this daily routine of "Gappe Maarna", sitting on the top of the tank and watching the clouds shift shapes and all those endless pani puri plates we had at the chat bhandi!

2 comments:

Girish said...

nice article n nice blog too :)

Unknown said...

hahahahaa kidz don do cat :P